Sunday, December 15, 2013

Scraps of Elegance December Kit...Part 2!

Hi everyone...back today to share part two of my reveal for the Scraps of Elegance Mistle Toe December kit. 
My first project is a Christmas canvas made from the different papers in the Kit. This canvas is inspired by the beautiful works of Christy Tomlinson...her work is just amazing and you should definitely check her out!!!
The tree looks a little tipped in the picture but that just adds character right??
The background consists of layers of paper, paint, texture paste, stamps, glitter...you name it and it's probably there.
I cut strips from the different papers and layered to form a tree and did some shading with Faber Castell Big Pitt pens which can be found in the Scraps of Elegance store. The Snowflake stamp was included in the kit...isn't it pretty!!!

The final step was to dip my fingers in the Viva Inka Gold included in the color add on and just smeared the gold around the edges and the raised portions of the canvas.

My next project is layout of hubby and me and the photo was taken last Christmas.
Here I did some layering and lots of fussy cutting using the papers from Bo bunny Silver and gold Collection.
Here are a few closeups...

The chipboard star and words from both projects are from Scrapmatts.

I also wanted to let you know that I am hosting this month's Round Robin Challenge at Scraps of Elegance and the above layout kicks off the challenge which is Christmas themed.
Be sure to check it out as I am giving away this prize...
It consists of the complete Kaisercraft St. Nicholas Collection, chipboard from different manufacturers, Theresa Collins bling and lots of laces and trims. You can be assured that there will be more added when this package is ready to ship!!!
Look forward to seeing you at the Scraps of Elegance forum!!
Happy scrapping!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Sandi. Your Christmas canvas is sensational....makes me want to make one right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas, I saw right away that it was inspired by Christy Tomlinson, I saw her cake canvas on you tube. And it is so nice of you to mention her name. I think you did a great job on this, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous projects, loving your christmas tree..... you have yourself a very merry christmas with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects Sandi. Just love that wonderful canvas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails